Retail Business Technology Expo, the one stop shop for end to end retail and hospitality solutions, has announced the Steering Committee for its 2012 event. The committee comprises of the leading lights of retail and includes:
- John Bovill, IT Director, Aurora Fashions
- Rupert Frost, IT Director, Frost Garden Centre
- Mark Gardner, Group Head of BIS, Habitat
- Steve Heathcote, Head of Commercial Systems, Waitrose
- Chris Howell, IT Director for Customer Systems, Dixons Retail Group
- Chris Hughes, Managing Director, The Retail Automation Consultancy
- Brian Hume, Managing Director, Martec International
- Peter Lumsden, Consultant, PACL Marketing
- Paul Martin, Commercial Director, Planet Retail
- Andrew McClelland, Director of Business Development, IMRG
- Neil McGowan, IT Director, JD Williams
- Pete Medcalf, Head of Channel Partners, Ebay
- Kevin O’Brian, Head of IS, Comet
- Julie Price, General Manager IT, Ann Summers
- Simon Russell, Head of Multi-Channel, John Lewis Partnership
- Martin Strotton, Head of IT Strategy, ASOS.com
- Robert Teagle, EMEA IT Director, Starbucks
- Clive Turner, IT Director, Dunelm Group
- Richard Wilson, Group Information Systems Manager, Clinton Cards
- Ian Woosey, Group IT & ecommerce Director, Carpetright
About Retail Business Technology Expo
Other issues discussed in the meeting included how the role of the IT department integrates with other areas of the business, for example marketing and operations, and how retailers can more effectively understand its customers, as in many cases, technology is being driven by the shopper. Among the many topics discussed, the panel put multi-channel, supply chain, payments, cloud computing, loss prevention and RFID under close scrutiny.
“We want to put on the very best event for our visitors, and finding out what they want to see, directly from the leading retail and hospitality providers, will help us deliver and exceed their expectations. It was apparent from the debate that the Steering Committee felt that the event would be an ideal destination for teams across a range of functions in the business, including marketing, supply chain and finance,” commented Field.
A second Steering Committee group is being held for Cards & Payments Solutions which is run alongside Retail Business
Retail Business Technology Expo 13-14 March 2012 at London’s Earls Court, South Hall. Follow http://www.retailbusinesstechnologyexpo.com/ for more information on visiting and exhibiting.
Retail Business Technology Expo and Cards & Payments Solutions is the one stop shop for end to end retail and hospitality solutions.
Retail Business Technology Expo and Cards & Payments Solutions, together are the must visit events for retail and hospitality organisations looking for the right tools, solutions and advice on how to best run their business. They are a one stop shop, showcasing end to end solutions, from supply chain to the customer. See the whole picture at Retail Business Technology Expo and Cards & Payment Solutions – the UK and Europe’s leading solutions events.
Retail Business Technology Exp, from Legend Exhibitions, a leading exhibitions company behind the Publishing Expo, combines an exhibition offering a comprehensive range of solutions with a free informative and interactive education programme incorporating seminars, workshops, and inspirational features, plus a host of networking opportunities and hospitality – all under one roof. Co-located with Retail Business Technology Expo ‘Cards & Payments Solutions’, provides a platform for the most innovative suppliers from this sector to showcase their products and solutions, as well as hosting the Vendorcom Quarterly Cards & Payments Thought Leadership Conference.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: http://www.retailbusinesstechnologyexpo.com/
For additional information, contact:
Retail Business Technology Expo
020 8 874 2728