‘The best way to predict the future is to invent it’
(Alan Kay, inventor of the laptop)
Over the past 20 years, leading integrated agency Billington Cartmell – ‘Marketing’ Agency of the Year 2008, 2009 & 2010 – has continued to lead the way in supporting leading brands and how they engage with their audiences to drive results.
This continued ambition to deliver award-winning solutions and meet the challenges of the evolving marcomms landscape has led us to launch !nvent – a dedicated innovations unit to support clients such as Morrisons, GSK, Unilever and Carlsberg.
!nvent’s innovative influence on the agency’s creative product can already be seen in the latest
work by Billington Cartmell – to launch Carlsberg’s repositioning work for their new global campaign ‘That Calls For a Carlsberg’. Billington Cartmell supported the launch in the UK using 3D video mapping technology at Liverpool Street station and the - for the first time ever - on the white cliffs of Dover, the world’s largest 3D video mapping project which has already attracted more than 120,000 followers on YouTube in just over a week.
!nvent has also launched an innovation blog at: www.bcl.co.uk/innovation
!nvent, will create incremental brand value through specific focus on key innovation areas such as mobile, social media, interactive video content and live media experience.
The !nvent team led by our Head of Innovation, Dan Machen will also include creative planners, creative technologists, trendwatchers, digital producers and account team ambassadors.
“Today’s communications landscape has evolved dramatically with consumers choosing to be connected in multiple channels simultaneously. At best, consumers are only partially engaged by branded communications and we must innovate to meet that challenge. !nvent will help brand marketers embrace innovation by creating more connective new ideas and putting them in front of consumers via the most powerful multi-channel mix.
Our simple mission is “To create and maintain valuable new brand connections through innovations led ideas that matter.” says Dan.
Managing partner, Ian Billington comments: “Billington Cartmell was launched and conceived as an innovations business 20 years ago. We aim to continue to build on this proven client thinking with even more radical and fresh solutions.”
For further information please contact:
Dan Machen on: 020 7471 1954
Billington Cartmell (BCL) is a leading independent marketing communications agency with a sales turnover of £30 million and more than 160 full-time staff.
· Marketing Magazine has paid BCL the unusual tribute of voting it Agency of the Year for the past three years – 2008, 2009 and 2010.
· The agency achieved a ‘One to Watch’ status in the Best Companies Accreditation for 2010 & ‘One Star’ status for 2011.
· BCL’s blue-chip client list includes Unilever, Kraft, GSK, Carlsberg, Veolia, FuelCard, Orange, Aegon, Diageo, Morrisons & United Biscuits to name just a few.
· In 2007, BCL struck an equity deal with Hutton Collins to provide inward investment for the agency’s ambitious expansion plans
· Recent Award wins include:
· Best Digital campaign for Unilever Peperami at the ANNA’s
· Best Educational Campaign for Morrisons ‘Let’s Grow’ at the Global Green Awards.
· IPA Grand Prix winner for Morrisons ‘Let’s Grow’