30 sources to keep you updated on business and marketing
Michael Brenner, SAP writes .. When I first graduated from college almost 20 years ago, I quickly learned that I was not prepared to have conversations with experienced business professionals on the reality of the business challenges they were confronting.
- My approach was to subscribe to a couple of business magazines and I read the newspaper every single day. I have been a voracious consumer and content curator of business and marketing news ever since.
- Today, there are so many options available and we each have to find a way to find, filter, consume and share the information that is relevant for us.
Michael Brenner has put together a useful list of the top 30 news sources you should be following if you are interested in online business and marketing news. Editor
I invite you to visit these content curation resources, subscribe to their RSS feeds or follow them on twitter. I’ve also created a twitter list of these resources and other influential bloggers that you can also subscribe to…
- Forbes (@Forbes) - I couldn’t post this list without giving a shout out to the platform that has the confidence in their own editorial quality to allow me to publish a list of competing sites.
- The New York Times (@NYTimes) – “All the news that’s fit to print.”
- Mashable (@Mashable) – social media news blog
- TechCrunch (@Techcrunch) news blog focusing on technology and start-ups
- Business Insider (@BusinessInsider) – get the inside scoop and some pretty racy headlines on finance, media and technology.
- Fast Company (@FastCompany) – one of the best rags you’ll find on business, innovation and professional success.
- The Week (@TheWeek) – if you’re looking for content curation in practice and some pretty excellent coverage of all the news across just about every category, The Week fits the bill. I subscribe to the print and digital editions and get their daily news alert as well.
- Fortune Magazine (@FortuneMagazine)
- Inc Magazine (@Inc)
- Time Magazine (@Time)
- BusinessWeek (@BW) – one of the best twitter handles on the web!
- Forrester (@Forrester) – top analysts firm covering business and marketing
- Harvard Business Review (@HarvardBiz) – thoughtful, intelligent and unique coverage of the latest in business
- Knowledge@Wharton (@knowledgwharton) – from the University of Pennsylvania
- The Altimeter Group (@AltimeterGroup) – Charlene Li (@CharleneLi), Jeremiah Owyang (@Jowyang), Rebecca Lieb (@LiebLink) and many other amazing analysts produce tons of some of the best analysis on the innovations driving business today.
- Adobe’s CMO.com (@CMO_com) – covering marketing and digital trends for marketing leaders.
- Content Marketing Institute (@CMIContent) – everything you need to know about content marketing
- MarketingProfs (@MarketingProfs) – one of the best resources covering the latest trends and thought leadership in marketing
- Hubspot (@Hubspot) – another one of the top resource for marketers.
- Ad Age (@AdAge) – the latest in advertising trends, discussions and opinions.
- The Nielsen Wire (@NielsenWire) – if you’re looking for stats for your next presentation, this is a good place to start. (Disclosure: I started my career as part of The Nielsen family)
- iMediaConnection (@iMediaTweet) – keep up to date on the state of digital marketing and advertising
- eMarketer (@eMarketer) – another great marketer resource for stats.
- SmartBrief on Social Media (@SBoSM) – Jesse Stanchak is one of the best curators on the web working at SmartBrief, a company whose newsletters in many ways provide the best example of content curation in the digital age. I also subscribe to their Small Business and Leadership emails
- BtoB Magazine (@BtoBMagazine) – for us Business to Business marketing folks
- MarketingVOX (@MarketingVox) – stats and research notes covering the “voice of digital marketing.”
- MarketingSherpa (@MarketingSherpa) – research reports and blogs on marketing.
- Social Media Today (@SocialMedia2day) – a great site syndicating some of the best authors covering social media
- Business 2 Community (@B2Community) – one of the top social news sites on the web covering the latest trends and discussions on marketing, business, entertainment and more. (Disclosure: I am co-founder of Business 2 Community)
- Business Innovation from SAP (@Biz_Innovations) – covers how business can grow and innovate through the latest technology. (Disclosure: I am the managing editor for this site @SAP)